Who We Are:
Harbinger Marketing: We are a fast-growing marketing and web development company based in the United States. Due to our team’s exponential growth, we are looking to expand and enhance our team. Currently, we are working with contractors all over the world. This has been a successful strategy for some time, but we have decided to make a big change.
We believe that the best work happens in an environment where an employee is more than a number and where an employer is more than a paycheck. Our team shares a deep commitment to treating each other with love, respect, and dignity. We spend a lot of time “at work”; life is too short not to work at a company that you love. We believe that the best work will come from a team that is not fully remote and share life in common beyond their work in at least some capacity.
Harbinger Marketing is planning to develop a Bulgarian team located in the city of Varna and eventually establish an office and robust team which will service 100% of Harbinger’s development needs. We have a long-standing member of Harbinger located in the city of Varna who will spearhead this initiative. The role will be a full-time remote contract position at first with limited face-to-face interaction with our team in Varna. The goal would be to eventually transition this role to a regular full-time position as a part of the subsidiary we start in Bulgaria, and an office we establish in Varna.
The professional we’re looking for should be located in Varna, nearby Varna, or willing to relocate.
About the Role:
- The “Senior Full-Stack WordPress Developer with Managerial Functions” role is not solely a development role. The experience in the web development field is only the foundation of the functions this team member is going to execute.
- The professional we’re looking for, aside from the development tasks, will be working closely with the Lead Developer on various tasks and must be able to take some or all of his functions as needed, in terms of:
- Managing the team
- Project management
- Hosting server management
- Tools management
- Quality assurance
- Anything else requested by the management
- We’re looking for a highly motivated and ambitious team member that wants to grow in their role and take on new responsibilities and challenges.
- The senior developer will be responsible for working with and communicating effectively with the Lead Developer, other Developers, Project Managers, Art Director, and completing each task. We require them to be proactive by showing initiative in the process in order to create and maintain a high-quality end product.
- The requirements and assets are being delivered to our senior developer by way of our project management software. They are expected to learn the project management software and time tracking software and implement them into their daily workflow. This helps us to work efficiently and stay ahead of deadlines.
Who We Need:
This role is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Turn provided design files (PSD, AI, Adobe XD, Figma or other) into a fully functional and pixel-perfect WordPress website, using a custom-built theme, according to the client’s requirements and project/task specifications
- Apply modifications to existing websites
- Provide website support (ex. updating plugins, fixing bugs, speed optimizations, etc.)
- Perform other tasks that are related to web development
- Doing code reviews
- Doing various tasks and activities as requested by superiors
- Addressing and discussing issues and proposed solutions with superiors
- Conducting research and making recommendations for improvements
Examples of websites that we have worked on can be seen below:
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Write clean, consistent, well-organized, maintainable, and easy-to-read code
- Experience with the Advanced Custom Fields library or Carbon Fields
- Experience with creating animations for the web with CSS3 and external libraries like ScrollMagic, GSAP or similar
- Experience with integrating third-party APIs
- Experience with version control systems – Git (GitHub/GitLab)
- Experience with web hosting platforms
- Deep understanding of the best practices in web development
- Having strong technical troubleshooting skills and comfort to tackle problems as they arise
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- At least a limited working level of English, both verbal and written
- Have quick and steady access to the internet
- Has the ability to effectively take critiques, work efficiently under pressure, meet predefined deadlines and do a quality job under tight deadlines
- Have strong attention to detail and a healthy dose of perfectionism
- Show initiative and eagerness to be involved creatively with our team
- Willingness to learn and grow with our company
Qualifications considered a plus:
- Experience with PHP frameworks like Laravel, Symfony, etc.
- Experience with other content management systems like Magento, Joomla, OpenCart, etc.
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- People or project management experience
- Experience in quality assurance
Along with your application, please provide portfolio samples of your work (links to the best looking/functional websites you have built) and code samples (HTML, CSS, JS, PHP/WordPress), and/or a GitHub profile.
Pay is discussed individually, based on skill-set, credentials, and experience. The typical range is between 5000 – 7000 BGN net monthly.
For Harbinger contractors, we offer 20 days of PTO as long as days off are planned in advance and approved by your manager. In addition, we give PTO for every National Holiday which falls on a weekday.
Full-Stack Web Developer with WordPress
Digital Marketing Apprentice